Saturday, February 11, 2012

Safari

Time has come to hit the road. Up to this hour, as I write these words, I'm still in the thick of numerous matters, duties, responsibilities of the fast pace of parochial life in Kiabakari. But tonight all this will be done and dusted, and I will be ready for safari. First to Arusha, to be on the spot to receive long awaited friends from Austria, then coming back to Kiabakari with them slowly, showing them along the way the mesmerising beauty of Tanzania. I'm looking forward to these five days on the road. I feel I need to reset myself after the hectic past few months. Connecting with friends in Arusha, visiting Tengeru and saying Mass at Polish refugees cemetery, visiting Mr. Edward, the last Polish refugee alive in Arusha, receiving friends from Austria, immersing ourselves in Tanzanian nature and wildlife - I need all this...hoping at the same time that my friends will enjoy their Tanzanian safari, their stay in Kiabakari and the rest of their holidays in Zanzibar. I wish all of you a wonderful and blessed Sunday! God bless us all!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are having a break with friends - it will be restorative and life giving for you. You are always pouring yourself out for others so now you can enjoy the gift of friends and some time off duty. Happy 'Safaring'.lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safari has not been that fantastic as we planned. Got stuck in Seronera for the moment, the modified, welded shock absorber gave in and the driver tries to repair it, the time we lost here already will cause that we get to Arusha late in the evening or at night. Aaahhh....:/

    ReplyDelete