Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Turning The Page Over

In a few moments I'll get into my truck and drive to Musoma, to meet the bishop and hand over the office of the postulator. My 5+ years long journey as the postulator of the beatification process of the Servant of God Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere is coming to an end. The new postulator of the cause is completing a special course for postulators in Rome (which I never was ale to do, due to the - first - sudden death of previous bishop of Musoma, then - a long vacancy of the diocese, then - the studies of my successor) and upon his arrival back to Musoma, he will continue as a qualified person for this task. My job will be over. Mixed feelings fill my heart at this particular point of my life. Turning over such a long and important page of my service in the Church is never easy, believe me. Yet, I feel relieved that the cause will move on under the guidance of the properly trained postulator. I wish him well and pray for him and for the success of the whole process. Myself, I thank God for choosing me for this job through the bishop of Musoma who trusted in my integrity and professionalism and dedication, which I worked hard to prove throughout these past 5+ years... This was very important period of my life. And now I can repeat after Simeon in the temple...

2 comments:

  1. Ah Wojciech I just want to send you some solace as I know how committed you were to the cause of Mwalimu J.K.Nyerere and the joy it brought you to be working on it as postulator. More surrender - you spend your life doing that. The consolation is that you know you spent 5 years dedicated to working on and it was sad that you did not have the opportunity to train. Life has strange twists and turns but you are up for them all. Well done good and faithful servant. Lena

    ReplyDelete