Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pie Jesu

I'm still overwhelmed by the beauty of the angelic voice of Jessica, one of the girls and young ladies - members of the parochial choir of the Holy Trinity parish in Montreal, under pastoral care of Franciscan friars in Montreal and Canada at large...


I was deep in my thoughts and meditation after receiving Holy Communion during the Holy Mass in the Holy Trinity church last Sunday, sitting on my chair, with my eyes closed and far away in spirit, when suddenly I heard this angelic voice which- at the first moment I thought belonged to one of my favorite opera singers Anna Netrebko, and awakened memories of her stunning performance of so many classical pieces of music, and in particular that one I was listening to at that particular moment in this modest and homey Franciscan church... But my surprise doubled when I raised my head an looked around trying to identify the source of this miracle - I saw instead of Anna, a humble tall young girl, who stood at the ambo and sung beautifully 'Pie Jesu'...



How I wish and pray for this young and so richly talented girl that she could be blessed in her life and develop talents given her so generously by God Himself... I pray for all girls, ladies, boys and men talented in this parish and indeed - all over the world- that they may be helped along the way to mature their gifts and charismas for the benefit of us all... And may they believe in themselves and never stop dreaming, because dreams come true if only we believe and try hard and never give up...

No comments:

Post a Comment