Saturday, October 2, 2010

Wry Grin

It was all about the wry grin as I presented a few sweet gifts to my hosts on my arrival. I couldn't help but smile to myself as I remembered those years when we were receiving special food parcels from our relatives or friends in America - with chocolates, oranges, peanuts etc... How we were excited back then! Now tings have changed...It is us who come over to America with some nice things to enhance longing of our hosts for their Fatherland - Poland... Some special unique Polish sweets, chocolates, plums in chocolate, pishinger from Krakow, krowki krakowskie etc... Nice to make people happy so much with these typical Polish foodstuffs... I did not fall behind myself... digging into delicious Canadian pears and apples alongside special salad with crawdads... mmmm... yummy...

No comments:

Post a Comment