Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Anniversary

October 25 - a very special day in the history of my family. The day my Mum and Dad got married in 1958 in Krakow-Nowa Huta. Today 52 years passed since that day. Two years ago we celebrated the Golden Jubilee of my parents' wedding. I remember vividly that day, when I celebrated the Holy Mass in our apartment in Krakow, as my Mum did not feel well and Grandma could not walk by her own power to the parochial church...




I thanked my parents on that day for their patience. I was born five years after they got married. They could not conceive me for those 4+ long years, praying, hoping, going for pilgrimages to various holy shrines, consulting doctors. If not their hope and patience, they could consider divorce, and then I would not be their son. But I am, and I am very proud if it. So, I thanked them with all my heart for their hope and patience, and eventually God granted them their wish. I was born in 1963 and then three years later my brother.

I went this morning to the Holy Trinity Church and concelebrated the Holy Mass commemorating my parents' anniversary, praying for eternal rest of my Mum and blessings and good health for my Dad. Then I called home to wish my Dad on today's occasion. We both were moved by this moment...

So, here I am, on this gloomy, dark, rainy day, in my reflective subdued mood, going back in time and places, reliving again the priceless value of my parents, thanking them voicelessly, asking again or pardon for my faults and especially lack of proper gratitude when I was young and preoccupied with other issues in life, forgetting to acknowledge at times a great value of little signs of parental love and guidance...praying for Mum and Dad and hoping that us - my bro and I - can live up to their expectations and - if only possible - to excel...

Happy Anniversary, Mum and Dad! We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment