Friday, November 19, 2010

Lost Ones

Wandering around the Manhattan in New York, I came across the St. Patrick's Catholic Cathedral. It's not that I stumbled upon this beautiful piece of sacred architecture. I looked for it on purpose. It is mandatory to me to pay visit to the Mother of All Churches in each diocese I travel to wherever I go. And in every instance, I look for any sign of Divine Mercy devotion displayed in the church, which means to me that the message of Divine Mercy took roots in the local Church...


I found the side chapel of Our Lady of Czestochowa in the left nave of the cathedral. Four pictures of Polish Saints on left and right walls of the chapel and two statues flanking the picture of Our Lady placed centrally.



I was happy to see the picture of Saint Sister Faustina with the picture of Jesus, the King of Mercy. This always warms my heart and soul and makes me feel at home so much more...

Then I toured the cathedral and found the Holy Mass just started in the back chapel behind the presbytery. I joined the Mass and listened to what the celebrant had to say during his homily. His words struck me very hard. He spoke about the lost ones. He asked us to raise our hands if we have lost our loved ones. Most of us raised our hands...



This weighed so heavy on me. Being in New York, in the vicinity of the Ground Zero, thinking about and praying for my loved ones I lost just recently and throughout my entire life, especially in this month of November, the questioned posed by the priest, brought them all again closer to my heart. I felt as if I suddenly was surrounded by my Lost Ones, as one living family, caring for each other and helping one another.

This sudden experience lifted my spirits and cheered me up, making me happy and grateful for the precious gift of love and the reality of the Community of Saints...

All Saints, pray for us!...

May the souls of our loved ones rest in peace...amen...

No comments:

Post a Comment