Thursday, November 25, 2010

Stable Personality

Thanksgiving Day in United States - though celebrated by me for the very first time in my life (and I am quite excited about it, as I heard and saw a lot about this unique day in USA) - is an excellent opportunity to reflect upon one of the four legs of a table which is a symbol of a stable, mature personality...



These legs are nothing else but four fundamental words (virtues) which reveal a matured, well-balanced, well mannered personality of a human being:

1. I ASK POLITELY for something or for a favor,
2. I'M GRATEFUL - Gratitude and acknowledgement after receiving something or experiencing something good,
3.  CONGRATULATIONS - Magnanimity or graciousness in acknowledging someone's achievement, complimenting, congratulations, giving someone credit for something she/he did or achieved
4. I'M SORRY - Readiness to ask for pardon when I did something wrong

Today we will practice one of these four cardinal virtues or attitudes in our personalities and lives - gathering together to say to God, the Nation, our families, friends and neighbors - THANK YOU!

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all my American friends, and indeed to those who know how important is to say 'thank you!' when blessed or even tried for good cause...

No comments:

Post a Comment