Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Never Far Away

Indeed, never far away from Divine Mercy, wherever I go in this world. Which shows how this message and the spirituality based upon the devotion to Divine Mercy as passed to us by Saint Sister Faustina has spread all over the world...

My second full day in Chicago was dedicated to the further exploration of this remarkable city. My host showed me Shedd Aquarium...




Then we got on top of the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower), which is the tallest building in the western hemisphere...


Next we checked the Millenium Park with its famous Cloud (popularly knows as The Bean - because of its shape) ...



and on our way back home we stopped at the Holy Name Catholic Cathedral in downtown Chicago.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the relics of Saint Sister Faustina in the left nave of the cathedral, close to the tabernacle. I reminisced my visit to Mombasa Cathedral in Kenya last spring, where I found the Divine Mercy picture to the left of the sanctuary in there.

Now, the relics of Sister Faustina. I'm sure there was the picture itself somewhere in the cathedral, but did not look for it, to be honest, as I wanted to calm down just and recite Divine Mercy chaplet in silence, close to Saint Sister Faustina.

And you know, what amazed me and warmed my heart and sent it along with my thoughts to Kiabakari, was the fact that the reliquary was just the same as the reliquary of Saint Sister Faustina I got from the Sisters in Krakow-Lagiewniki. The same! How amazing is that?




So, kneeling in the pew in the Chicago Cathedral, close to the relics of Sister Faustina, reciting Divine Mercy chaplet for so many of you and your special intentions, and for Kiabakari, my hosts and friends in North America, and for myself and my intentions as well, my mind and heart went to Kiabakari, went to Lagiewniki... I felt homesick, wanting to go back to Kiabakari immediately... Not yet though, I need to stay away for a bit longer to finish the pilgrim's route and fulfill my dream to visit all friends I wanted and to see and open places that need to be open to Divine Mercy Message coming out of Kiabakari.

Thank you, oh Lord, for the gift of this day and for the special encounter with Your holy secretary, Sister Faustina, in the heart of the Church of Chicago. I immerse this part of the world and its wonderful people in the Ocean of Your Divine Mercy....

No comments:

Post a Comment