Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Right Pocket

I love the right pocket of my winter jacket. It is warm and padded from inside. Whenever I put my hand inside I feel warm and cosy. And I know that on the bottom of the pocket I will always find something I like to touch and play with my fingers. This 'something' are rosary beads I got as a special gift from a friend of mine who lives in Italy with her family...


She went purposely to Padova to Saint Anthony to get these rosary beads for me as a gift of friendship. And a weapon to use when struggling with difficult issues in people's lives and mine too. I appreciate and cherish this gift very much. Whenever one of the link opens and rosary splits open, I meticulously put it together...

Walking in the streets of various cities, towns and neighborhoods in Canada and USA, I would put my hand in the right pocket and say Divine Mercy chaplet or the Holy Rosary of Our Lady, without anyone noticing. This wandering around while praying consecrates my time and places I happen to be, while my mind and heart go out to those I pray for... I always have my loved ones, relatives, friends and people who asked me for prayer or people I assured that I would pray for them - with me, whenever and wherever I pray... This is a habitual intention of my life, immersing people I love and care for - in the Ocean of Divine Mercy... I am always worried about them, anxious if they are healthy and safe and happy... Their intentions are mine too ... Touching or holding beads in my fingers is like touching and holding them close to my heart and saying to them that I remember them and I do care...

I love the right pocket of my jacket...

No comments:

Post a Comment