Monday, November 1, 2010

This Is When The Real Fun Starts..

Ok, so this is the morning after... Need to get down to the police station to get their statement with the case number and do some passport photos while I'm still here in Stockton, CA, so I can proceed to Los Angeles to get the ball rolling...You gotta love this stuff...

Tomorrow morning a meeting the consul to start the process of getting a new passport. And the advise what to do with other stolen IDs, cards etc. Although I have already notified my bank to block my cards, still I need to know what to do with restoring my USA visa, Tanzanian residence permit endorsement in the passport, my national ID card, driving licenses from Poland and Tanzania, WHO proof of the yellow fever vaccination shot, membership cards to various clubs, bookstores etc., Catholic Priest ID from my Archdiocese (this one I guess will be easy) and so on and so on... I dread the very thought of how painstaking this process will be and how long it will take and cost eventually. Guess, I need a patience in megatons ready to tackle all this...

I never had any document stolen from me, so having been 'done' yesterday for the first time, and in the sacred place, in the sacristy, right before the start of the Holy Mass, verges on irony...

Have a nice day! I guess I won't, at least for now...

2 comments:

  1. Wojciech this is dreadful news - I am so sorry that you have hid such bad luck and yes it will cause you a lot of unwanted stress. The only consolation is that this sort of thing has happened before and offices know how to deal with it -you will get replacements of passport/visa and ID without too much hassle and delay also driving licences as there will be records of these. The cash is gone and I do hope people will rally round to help you out. It gives one such an empty feeling when this kind of thing happens and you so far from home. You have learned a hard lesson that it is always best to carry key documents on your person no matter where you are. Don't lose heart - there is always a way out even if, for you, it is a very costly one. I hope it does not interfer too much with you planned scheduleS and that you can reschedule some meetings etc. Having such a good command of English will be of benefit. I found the Church personnel in USA very supportive and they will assist you too. We will storm heaven for you and miracles do happen. Sometimes stolen documents do turn up as often folk who do this kind of thing are only interested in cash. May God take care of you and give you energy and strength to keep going. You have been through worst and yet you survived. It is the insecurity of it all that is scary but you have great faith. With so much feeling and love for you at this unfortunate time . Keep strong. Love from the Daly clan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lena dear. Will keep you posted as things develop further on...

    ReplyDelete