Monday, March 12, 2012

Memory Is Our Homeland

The story of my acquaintance with Jonathan Durand, the filmmaker and producer of "Memory is our Homeland" movie is simply amazing. When Jonathan was googling the internet at the end of September 2010 in search for documents, photos and news on Polish Second World War refugees in Africa (among whom his own Grandmother was), he came across my post on Tengeru in this blog and later he found out that on the same day he was reading the post, I was landing in Montreal where he lived. He told me later on when we met for the first time there in Montreal and made preliminary plans how to help him in achieving his goal of producing the movie, he almost spilt his coffee on his macbook when he discovered I was there, a few clicks away from him...


We met with a few of the Polish refugees living in Montreal who were taken by Fr. Lucjan Krolikowski OFM Conv, after the war to Canada. I went back to Tanzania and Jonathan began his quest to realize his dream...

Last year we met in Krakow, he continued to make preparations for the movie. Later on, in Autumn, he made his official filmmaking journey to Poland, Bielarus and to Tanzania.

The first fruits of his work can be seen here below...

   

I am very happy that things move on. And I know that he needs our support. I want to support him again by posting these news here on my blog. Maybe someone of you will decide to donate for this cause thus making the story told to the world, and not only written on paper or in books.

Well done, Jonathan! Keep up good work! God bless you much in your project!

No comments:

Post a Comment