Monday, March 12, 2012

Naaman's Skin

"But his (Naaman's) servants came up and reasoned with him.
"My father," they said,
"if the prophet had told you to do something extraordinary,
would you not have done it?
All the more now, since he said to you,
'Wash and be clean,' should you do as he said."
So Naaman went down and plunged into the Jordan seven times
at the word of the man of God.
His flesh became again like the flesh of a little child, and he was clean". (2 Kgs 5:13-14)...

Today's First Reading of the Mass translated itself metaphorically in my life. I am amazed. Simply amazed. Yesterday I had a hard day. Never felt so bad before for a very long time. Thought - maybe I had a heart failure or something. I could not do much, I was able only to celebrate the first Mass in the shrine, that's it. The rest of the day I spent lying in bed, trying to stabilize myself and my heart. The situation improved somehow in the evening, but the last night was tough again.

I had to go today to Musoma, several pending matters to be attended to. So, here I am, ticking off my to-do list for today.

Yet, I am so relieved and grateful to the Almighty who gave me good news from my friends this morning. It seems like a light in the tunnel. So relieved. And so happy. Just like a miracle. Just like a Naaman's skin. Yesterday and at night deep in trouble - physically and mentally. This morning totally opposite. Peace, relief, happiness.

And I did not do anything extraordinary, just tried to get through the momentarily lapse of health peacefully and patiently.

Naaman's skin.

Thank you, Lord. The skin of my soul and mind is clean now.

No comments:

Post a Comment