Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fast Lane

It's been one of those days when I feel I live in a fast lane. Especially today, the tempo of life has been set to a turbo mode. Time flew so fast and there were so many things happening at once that even now, though sitting and writing these few lines, and getting ready to switch to a more subtle mode of peaceful evening, I doubt it will be easy to do so and relax, as the hard drive in my head is still spinning fast and does not show any sign of slowing down...

So many things happened today and so many people I had to interact with, it is no point in talking about all this in detailed form. I knew though the day would be tough as it was the first time since long I had difficulties with waking up and found myself 20 minutes away from the time I should be in the church for the morning Mass. Gosh, how I hate situations like this! It happens once in a while, once a year maybe, that I begin a new day already in bad mood, angry with myself that I failed to obey an alarm clock and allowed myself for that 'one more minute' of staying in bed...Everything is ruined by this... The life in fast lane started this way in the morning, rushing to the bathroom, getting ready fast, dressing and running to the church. This kind of rushed morning puts me off balance big time, I dislike it vehemently as I like to wake up way ahead of my first morning duty, to start a new day slowly, while gaining momentum and getting into working mode gradually.

Not today. It was from hero to zero and back in an instant! Thank God I was not late for the Mass... This would be a total disaster... Agitated and off the balance, that's how my day started. Then it gained momentum even more. Construction works, setting things right for the day, rushing to Bunda to Carmelite sisters for their confessions, running back as the car was needed to fetch water from the creek as we still have no water...and today was a concrete day as we poured concrete in a first ring beam in the water tank walls.


Then Tanesco arrived unexpectedly, as I described in my previous post...



at the same time a seminarian with me were finishing preparation of baptismal certificates with all relevant annotations of received Sacraments...


my painters were finishing painting sitting and dining rooms (refreshment)...catechists came for a lunch as I invited them and all involved in the just recently finished catechetical cycle that lasted more than two years and a half with the final note being the Confirmation last Saturday. We had a good time with lunch and chats, at the same time packing baptismal certificates ready to be returned to the new Christians and newly confirmed parishioners (catechists took those certificates with them and will give them back to the owners).

Sisters in Buturu asked me to help with preparation of a bill of quantities for their new project - a multipurpose hall in the school, so it took me some time in between other things to finish itm but luckily, I was able to send them the finished thing by email before catechists came for lunch, ufff!

Now my sisters asked me to help them with preparation of report forms for our kids in the pre-school and also a report book for the standard one pupils...I had some report books from other school, so I printed one and gave them to go through it and come up withe their own ideas, so we can work on them when I am back in December. The report form I designed and printed, it was a quick and easy job.

Working at the same time with my friends on the website of my foundation - Foundation 'Kiabakari' (www.kiabakari.org). Trying to finish the website in polish, then we will go for english version. Things are moving in proper direction and I am very pleased and grateful to them for their invaluable help and insight. It is so good to have friends like them. Life is becoming so much easier! Thank you, guys! You rock!

And now working also a bit on an educational adoption dossiers for the families in Poland who committed themselves to support our kids in the pre-school. Once I am done, I will send the data to them by email. I hope many more will come forward with the willing heart to help us secure the future of our kids...

Living in a fast lane can be demanding and tough on my physical and psychological resources, but this tiredness has its silver lining...that satisfaction that the day did not pass wasted...though started nervously and with a unnecessary high dose of adrenaline!

Have a nice evening and a peaceful night (wishing the same to myself)!

No comments:

Post a Comment