Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Disappointment

I can only imagine how God must feel when any of his children chooses to go his/her own way till the end of life and refuse to be saved and go to heaven. There must be an inexplicable disappointment of Our Father. To choose darkness and hell, rejecting patient love, tenderness and open arms of God... This we may never understand. How and why this happens. But it does happen...


It happened to me today. I've been waiting for a friend of mine to do justice and to fulfill his promise for a long time. It took me months to bear him and his lies and false promises. I went to extremes to extend deadlines over and over again, giving him a chance. But today I could not stand it anymore. Time has passed and he failed to repent and to fulfill his promise. Today was the last day of our friendship. I am so disappointed, and it hurts even more as he still thinks he can play the same cheating card over and over again and to promise to do the justice 'tomorrow'. He thinks he is so clever and I will continue to believe his lies forever. This whole experience has been such an insult to my intelligence.

But I couldn't stand this kind of treatment anymore and pretend I believe and it is ok to be treated with contempt and fed with false promises. I've had heard just enough of it... I am deeply disappointed that someone is ready to sell friendship for a few coins... Does it sound familiar, huh?


I feel so sorry for God who has to go through same experience of bitter disappointment whenever one His children chooses to reject His love and friendship forever when time comes to wrap up our earthly tent and cross the threshold of the unknown...

No comments:

Post a Comment