Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Going To The West

Setting out this morning on a - hopefully - lovely and memorable trip to the western part of Poland - Poznań, Zielona Góra, Wrocław and elsewhere...Such a beautiful weather, let it stay this way all the way till the end of the week. Feeling in a mood to sing along with Connie Dover...


I am Going to the West 

In this fair land, I'll stay no more
Here labor is in vain
I'll seek the mountains far away
And leave the fertile plain

Where waves of grass in oceans roll
Into infinity
I stand ready on the shore
To cross the inland sea
I am going to the West

Chorus
You say you will not go with me
You turn your eyes away
You say you will not follow me
No matter what I say
I am going to the West
I am going to the West

I will journey to the place
That was shaped by heaven's hand
And I will build for me a bower
Where angels' footprints mark the land

Where castle rocks in towers high
Kneel to valleys wild and green
All my thoughts are turned to you,
My waking hope, my sleeping dream
I am going to the West

And when sun gives way to moon
And silver starlight fills the sky
In the arms of these last hills
Is where I'm bound to lie

Wind, my blanket, earth, my bed
My canopy, a tree
Willows by the river's edge
Will whisper me to sleep
I am going to the West

Words & Music: Connie Dover
1st verse and chorus adapted from traditional Alabama folk song

From the CD, The Border of Heaven, by Connie Dover © Taylor Park Music/Connie Dover 

 

 

Have a nice day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment