Sunday, September 5, 2010

Panacea

The cure for every condition, the wonder-medicine to lift me up, to calm me down, to console and cheer up, to stay with me when everyone is gone, to make me happy or reflective, to help me refocus and recharge, to cure my moods, to enhance clarity of mind and boost my imagination, to ease off pain and stand up firm, to be with me wherever I need it...true panacea...


If anyone asked me what it would be, I would say without hesitation - Genesis... Though I have a quite eclectic taste for music, I must admit that this progressive, symphonic rock band has been with me all the way, since I was a young kid till now. And I never stopped to love it, need it, long for it and take immense pleasure listening to its music, so diverse and multi-climatic that I can always pick a favorite song, perfectly suiting my state of mind, feelings and actual needs...My personal panacea of all times!

The band is with me at the moment as I watch their live concert in Rome back in 2007 recorded on DVD. Perfect music to help me ease off tension after last few hectic and stressful days of work and responsibilities. I don't remember how many times I've watched this particular concert, to be honest. But it does not matter, as it is always the very first time and same pleasant feeling accompanying this experience. I may choose particular song and play it once or twice or more, if it touches a soft spot needing particular attention, or just let it loose and do my own job, writing, reading, thinking, reflecting, meditating, dreaming, while the music serves as a vehicle to carry me through time and space...

Three pieces suit in particular my today's tired, subdued mood. Firth of Fifth, Ripples and Carpet Crawlers...

Simply...perfect...





Sail away, away... ripples never come back... 
gone to the other side...sail away, away...

No comments:

Post a Comment