Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Holy Hour

Thursday before the First Friday of each month is a day for a very special liturgical service - A Holy Hour. As the name of this devotion says itself, this is a hour long adoration of the Most Holy Sacrament, of Jesus Himself in the mystery of the Eucharist... The more I grow in years and become more and more absorbed with spiritual, pastoral, administration, development and other activities, the more I long for this special hour spent on knees in front of Jesus in Eucharist among the liturgical assembly of my fellow Christians in Kiabakari...

It is quite different to celebrate the Holy Hour than to go to church or to home chapel alone for a private visitation of the Most Holy Sacrament. To surround  Jesus in His Eucharistic Mystery, exposed in the snow-white Host in the monstrance as a community means so much to me and I strongly believe - brings a lot of blessings, heavenly lights, graces, peace and relief to all of us who are present in the Presence... I wrote on this topic, so important to me, twice before (please, read here and here), but I won't stop to marvel at the powerful experience of this kind of communal adoration at the hour of Christ's horrifying suffering in Gethsemane on Holy Thursday late evening...

Today I feel an extra need for this special time spent, mostly in silence, in the presence of my Lord. This will be the first Holy Hour after my comeback from Poland and the last Holy Hour before I set off again for three months quest for answers to questions I cannot solve by myself being here in Kiabakari. This will be a pivotal time, the Holy Hour of Presence, in present time, connecting the past and the future and spreading all questions, worries, joys, failures and successes at the feet of the One who knows everything and has answers for everything. I will surrender everything that is behind me to Him, immersing the past in the Ocean of His Divine Mercy... I will surrender everything that lays ahead of me to Him, immersing the future in the Ocean of His Divine Mercy... There is simply NO other way... Jesus, I trust in You! That is the only attitude I want to apply, which will help me to survive in the present situation...

This is just one hour a month. But one if not (apart from the time of the celebration of the Holy Mass) of the most important hours of the whole year.

No comments:

Post a Comment