Friday, September 17, 2010

Anticipation

This is the prevailing feeling which took possession of my soul and mind, as I sit in the departure hall of Julius Nyerere International Airport in Dar es Salaam, expecting the departure which has been already announced as delayed by 40 minutes due to the late arrival of the incoming plane from Zurich. This simply means that I will - most probably - miss my connecting flight from Zurich to Warsaw tomorrow morning, as there is only 40 minutes of the gao between two flights and it always has been a run from one side of the Kloten Airport in Zurich to the other, barely catching the bus leaving the terminal A to the plane...So far I was able to get on time, but tomorrow, if the plane does not catch up with favorable winds over Sahara, I may have to be put on another plane departing two or three hours later. Anyway, this is not what my anticipation is directed at...


This feeling, or rather - state of mind - was born out of the perspective of an unusual holidays I am about to begin this evening. So far, I spent my time in Poland, with family and friends, and fund-raising to keep the ball rolling in Kiabakari. This time though, I will pass through Poland briefly on both legs of my trip to North America, which I undertake for the first time. Funny, apart from some initial planning done by my friends in Canada, I did nothing, completely nothing to plan ahead things, meetings, events. Nothing. I was unable to do it - first and foremost because there was something that prohibited me from doing so. As if there was a God's hand that pat me on the shoulder and told me with no words - 'leave it to me...' So, I did leave the whole planning to Him and His people.

Anticipation of what lies ahead in Poland, Canada and USA is what entertains my mind and heart. I'm going ahead like Abram who did not know where he was going. Me either, I just go ahead and what happens, it happens. Such and interesting perspective to go into the unknown, totally unprepared, helped all the way by so many kind and caring friends - here in Tanzania, in Poland, Canada and USA. I just commit myself and the destiny of this working and resting holidays in their hands...Trusting God completely and asking that His will be done, as He knows best what brews in my mind and heart and what we need in Kiabakari most.

The journey into unknown began badly, to be honest. First, my car broke down on my way to Musoma and - because of the negligence of my worker who forgot to replace the cap of the radiator, the cylinder head cracked and the car stopped. I barely caught my plane from Musoma to Dar. Fortunately, the car has been fixed already by my mechanic in Musoma, but it hit me hard in the pocket as it cost more than 600 USD. Ouch!

Then, a guy who owes me some money, vanished in the thin air, probably waiting for me to leave Tanzania and buy some more time to prepare another set of explanations. This caused a lot of thinking and emergency dealings to ensure that the construction of the water tank goes till the end as I depended on that money to pay the last installment to my workers.

Now, the plane is late and I am still unsure if we land in Warsaw or somewhere else in Poland, as they fix runways on three consecutive Saturdays of September at Okęcie International Airport in Warsaw. And though at Swiss they told me it was Warsaw we were supposed to fly and my boarding pass shows Warsaw, I am still unsure. Anyway, the most important thing is to land safely tomorrow in Poland, somewhere.

All in all, I take these unlucky occurrences as a sign of good luck for the rest of the trip and the goals I hope to achieve or excel. Whatever happens, let it be God's will. Amen.

Till the next post, hopefully tomorrow evening from my apartment in Kraków, I wish all of you a peaceful and blessed night.

No comments:

Post a Comment