Thursday, September 16, 2010

Florian

Today was a calm and productive day. First full day of rest after landing in Dar es Salaam last night. The keyword to this day is Florian. Florian Ludovick Kaija, to be precise. My friend and partner in crime - working together on many artistic projects in Kiabakari, Musoma and also for our Foundation 'Kiabakari'. I went this morning to see him at home, then we came back to city center for lunch and business talk...


I was pleased to find him in good shape and health and working hard as usual on various artistic projects, having completed some other in churches and elsewhere. It is pleasing and very rewarding feeling to see his paintings hanging in the Parliament Hall in Dodoma (Capital City of Tanzania). See some of his paintings on my photo gallery website here and on YouTube here.In my mediations on the Stations of the Way of the Cross, the book I published in Poland two years ago, I have displayed also many of his works. Same in the latest book (my autobiography).

It was so great to chat with him, he is gifted with a sly sense of humor. Sharing with me latest gossips in town, funny news and other cracking stuff, it was all smiles and laughter all the way!

I gave him some ideas for future works, small ones, on personal requests from my friends to big ones, like masterminding the artistic design of the future Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere Memorial Hotel in Kiabakari, which allocated plot I have just finished surveying for our architect in Poland who will design it. This artistic design will take under consideration Zanaki ethnic group culture and lifestyle, and will have to go in harmony with artefacts I have ben collecting for some three years now - of Zanaki ethnic group widely understood culture and daily life... He picked up on this idea with interest and I will follow his artistic mind all the way, suggesting gently some of my own ideas, but never imposing them on him.


Another important work I have commissioned him today with is an official painting depicting our Foundation 'Kiabakari', its goals and areas of interest. And all this through the eyes of someone who is among recipients of our activities. I am sure he will design and paint a masterpiece. This picture will be placed in the future headquarters of the foundation and used in PR and media related items as well.

So, after all, it was not that relaxinmg entirely day, as I was able to meet Florian and other nice people in Dar and push things forward. Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment