Friday, January 7, 2011

Last Piece

A New Year has dawn and with it a new challenges. Among them - a recollection day each and every Friday throughout the entire year. And in each instance - a spiritual talk which I intend to give to the participants which number varies from Friday to Friday, depending on many variables. Usually, I would plan a series of talks hovering above and touching a certain theme. In some years I would exclude Third Friday of the month for a special guest coming to lead the recollection / retreat day and give a spiritual talk along the theme chosen for Third Fridays of the month in a given year. And this is what I am going to do this year too...


I will invite a special guest for those Fridays, for the remaining Fridays it will be me doing the retreat. On those Third Fridays of the month a chosen parochial groups will be invited to take part as this year we celebrate a Centenary of Christianity in Diocese of Musoma this year with its culmination in October 2011. Thus, first and foremost, the parochial communities will be invited to take part in those retreat days - Small Christian Communities, outstations, lay apostolic movements etc.

But before this happens I need to put in place the last remaining piece of puzzle in a series of some thrity talks I was giving since last year. The theme was - 'The School of Prayer'. Today will be time to put the last piece in this series - talking about the highest degree of prayer which is contemplation and mysticism...

Once I wrap up the series, I will publish them as a book intending to reach far wider audience than this I have here in Kiabakari in my daily apostolate in the shrine...

I don't pay attention to numbers anyway, in particular to those on retreat Fridays in the shrine, cause Jesus said Himself in Gospel: 'Therefore whatever you have said in the darkness will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered behind closed doors will be proclaimed on the housetops' (LK 12:3)

And this exactly what is going to happen. We talk and pray in small numbers, but the fruit of it is placed in hands of many, willing to taste it for their own pleasure and spiritual growth...

No comments:

Post a Comment