Monday, January 31, 2011

One Of Twelve

The last day of the first month of the new year of 2011 creates an ambiance for a recapitulation of the first of twelve slices of the time given us by God as a gift and a challenge as well. Time to stop in our tracks and look back and around. Where am I? Where am I heading? What has happened in this period of time? what about my New Year resolutions? Am I underway to achieve them and fulfill them? Am I firmly on the path  of salvation with Christ and His Church? Who am I on this last day of the first out of twelve months of this year? Whom did I create out of myself in these thirty first days? Did I spread crumbs of goodness or bitterness? Did I proclaim love and compassion or envy and suffering of others? Today is the best day to sit down in the shadow of the tabernacle and ask myself these questions in the light of the Holy Spirit...



I had to drive to Musoma for my regular list of things to do on Mondays. Sitting in front of one of friendly shops in Musoma, in the shadow and sipping cold water, I'm immersed in these questions, trying to make sense of all that happened in January 2011. So many things have happened, so many people I met and interacted with. Good and bad alike experiences... Sicknesses and happy moments...


This morning I said a Holy Mass in honor of Don Bosco, one of people who inspired me most in my life and formation. A man of great faith and confidence in God's Providence. A man of love to the youth. A man of God. I asked him for his intercession so that I be granted the same kind of faith which moves mountains and pushes a person to excel facing the unknown... having nothing but complete trust in God's Mercy and Providence...


Thank You, Almighty Father, for a priceless and unique gift of January 2011. I hope and pray it remains as a milestone on my way to Your House in heaven as I travel along with Your children on the path of salvation in the reality of time You are giving us day by day...

No comments:

Post a Comment