Friday, January 21, 2011

Grandmother

On January 21, we, Poles, celebrate Grandmother's Day. Sadly, both my Grannies are in Heaven now, still I do observe, pay attention and celebrate this day as I have lots to be grateful for having such wonderful Grandmas in my life. I was and am lucky, to be honest. My Grandmothers were the best ever Grandmas in the history of the humanity!


Since my Mum's Mother was living with us - or better, we were living in her apartment in Nowa Huta, Kraków first  - till I was in Form Four in secondary school, then after a few years she moved in and stayed with us from Nowa Huta to downtown Kraków when we got our own apartment...till she passed away in April 2009...no wonder I felt more attached to Mum's Mum than to Dad's Mum...

Nevertheless the love of a grandchild to both Grandmas was the same... And I miss them so much... even if I am in the age when many people become grandfathers and grandmothers themselves...

As I cannot hug them today and present special gifts to both of my Grandmothers, I will celebrate the Holy Mass this afternoon for the repose of their souls and happiness in God's embrace...

Thank you, Grandma Helena and Grandma Helena, for being such a wonderful Grandmas to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment