Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Deadline

I'm extremely glad that my bishop, the bishop of Diocese of Musoma, Rt. Rev. Michael Msonganzila, took his time to come and visit us here in Kiabakari this afternoon, while on his way back from the meeting with priests who formerly belonged to the Diocese of Musoma, but now will become a part of the presbyterium of the recently announced new diocese of Bunda. When they announced the creation of this new diocese, I thought initially that Kiabakari will become a part of the new diocese as we are neighbors with Bunda parish which has become now a capital city of the Diocese of Bunda (some 30 km only from Kiabakari)...


When bishop came, I shared with him in private the news about my recent journey and asked him to set dates for some important events I have been planning since I came back to Kiabakari.

The first and most important would be the date for the official blessing and opening of St. Gemma Galgani Convent for my sisters who have been living in my house since January this year... The ideal date would be April 11, 2011, as the Catholic Church celebrates the liturgical feast of St. Gemma Galgani on that very day. I was ballistically happy when Bishop said he had not yet set his pastoral calendar so the date is open. So we set the date for the opening of the convent on April 11, 2011. Thanks be to God!

I hope St. Gemma is happy now. This is a dream which is about to come true. I promised her that the convent will be dedicated to her, an Angel who dreamed always about become a nun, but ended as a house-girl... Now she will have the whole convent for herself and the sisters who she will protect.

That date has a special meaning to me as well. This is a day on which my classmate and friend - from my ordination class of 1988 in Archdiocese of Krakow, died...

So now I have two important friends in making sure that we meet the deadline of April 11th next year. I will pray to St. Gemma and Father Peter that they may protect us, guide us, help us and intercede for us that we may be able to complete successfully the project on time and to the best of our abilities.

St. Gemma, pray for us!

Father Peter, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment