Thursday, December 30, 2010

I Want To Ride My Bicycle

A day to remember for our parochial community and for my catechists in particular. For the first time in the history of Kiabakari mission I will bless and hand over 13 bicycles to my catechists, donated by the Diocese of Musoma, after initial small downpayment of Tanzanian shillings 10,000 /= (approx. 6-7 USD) from each catechist. It has never happened before that all my catechists were able to get their ride on the same day, and the brand new one to be precise...


So, a happy day today and a nice way to wrap up an eventful year. I hope the bicycles last and the catechists are able to maintain them properly to serve the parochial community in outstations especially - for a long time to come.

Big 'thank you' to all donors who contributed monies to the diocese for this noble purpose.


Everybody is humming today to the tune of this song...

No comments:

Post a Comment