Sunday, December 26, 2010

Three Years

Three years ago, on the same Feast of the Holy Family day, but on a different date (December 30, 2007), we had a special celebration that ended 17 almost years of my personal wait for the completion of the second pillar of Divine Mercy Vision in Kiabakari. The official opening of the Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati Health Center in Kiabakari... Today, while reminiscing the huge relief and satisfaction I felt on that day, I looked forward though, as today was a day I asked Merciful God for a special blessing and protection so that the construction and finishing works of the St. Gemma Galgani sisters' convent in Kiabakari - which will start tomorrow - may be concluded safely and expertly in due time. The date for the official blessing and the opening has been set already, when I met Bishop a few days ago - April 10, 2011. And the very first Holy Mass in the Sisters' convent chapel - the next day, on the liturgical feast of St. Gemma Galgani, the Patroness of the convent...


The Holy Family feast has become thus a pivotal time which sends me back in time to that day in 2007 and at the same time moves me forward with hope and trust...

As I am ready to undertake another challenge in my life in Kiabakari and fight for the successful completion of the convent project, I would like to share with you a nice video presentation produced by dr Gabriela Majkut, the person in charge of the final phase of the construction and the refurbishment of the health center. The last picture you re about to see in this presentation are from the opening day of the health center, on the Holy Family feast day, December 30, 2007.


No comments:

Post a Comment