Saturday, August 21, 2010

Coincidence?

Just thinking...as I go about my tiny duties this morning, sorting myself out and getting ready for the onslaught of tough three weeks ahead of me in Kiabakari, in which I will try to supervise preparations for the Bishop's visitation and confimation on September 4th with numerous items on this agenda (catechesis, liturgical preparation of candidates and participants, confessions of confirmants, preparations for the very day including Holy Mass, festivities and lunch for all parishioners, decorations, preparations of gifts for Bishop and catechists etc...) and at the same time construction works in the center for education and formation (plastering of walls of two classrooms and laying cement floors in there - if funds allow for this) and the construction of main water tank. And - at the same time - my own logistic preparations for Canada and USA voyage. I surely need these two, three days in Dar es Salaam to recharge and get ready for this...

While I am in the middle of thinking about what to do and how to do it best over there in Kiabakari, the lonely wandering thought passed through my head. Just a few days ago, we celebrated ninth anniversary of the establishment of the shrine in Kiabakari. On August 17, 2001, His Grace Archbishop Luigi Pezzuto, Apostolic Nuncio in Tanzania raised the parochial church in Kiabakari to the dignity of the Diocesan Shrine of Divine Mercy.


On the same day,  but in the following year, on August 17, 2002, the Holy Father John Paul II, has dedicated the Basilica of Divine Mercy in Kraków-Łagiewniki. The World Shrine of Divine Mercy.


Don't tell me that the same date for both events related to Divine Mercy (but, of course, of totally different magnitude) is a pure coincidence. I don't believe in coincidences in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment