Saturday, August 7, 2010

'W' Hour

'W' hour has finally arrived. The Wedding Hour of my close friends. Marta and Daniel. It seemed an eternity since they called first back in early February, asking me to bless their marriage today, on August 7. I refused at the first instance as there was a bishop's canonical visitation planned for this week supposed to end tomorrow. And it is never easy to change such a huge agenda as this. But, as Marta was full of hopes that God will do miracles, He surely delivered miracles...

First, suddenly I got sick and was hospitalized on February 13. Then, as the doctors were unable to determine the cause of the acute pain abdomen, and they suggested a surgery to open me and look inside what was wrong, I opted rather to go to referral hospital of Bugando Medical Center in Mwanza. They couldn't not help either, so I was referred to Aga Khan hospital in Dar es Salaam, but I was unable to afford the costs of their services, so together with my bishop we decided that the best option would be to fly to POland immediately to seek for help under a national insurance scheme as I was the beneficiary, paying my dues for it.

So, I flew to Poland, got help, returned back to Tanzania for Holy Week, Easter and Divine Mercy Sunday. Then I was able to fulfill my duty of giving the seminars and retreats for two groups of Sisters in Kenya.

Marta's parents paid for my air ticket to Poland as they wanted her and Daniel to have me for their wedding as they wished for. I am very grateful to them, as itgave me also an opportunity to check my health again, and see my Dad, relatives and friends and do some necessary moves in regards to my Foundation 'Kiabakari'.

So, here I am in Poznan, getting ready to go in two hours to Komorniki, a place just outside Poznan, for the wedding ceremony and for the reception. I am so happy that the wish of Marta and Daniel got fulfilled. I am happy that my bishop in Musoma agreed to move forward the date for the visitation (as he himself also got someething in between and was glad that I proposed the change of the date to September 4). I am happy that my health is good enough to be ready to officiate at their wedding Mass and deliver a homily I was workingon for the past three months.

The weather is lousy, it's cloudy, murky and rainy, but everyone is happy that the 'W' hour has finally arrived and all pieces of the puzzle have fallen nicely in the proper position to  give us a beautiful, meaningful day, full of blessings!


Here is to the Bride and Groom!

No comments:

Post a Comment