Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lone Rider

I have traveled several times by trains while in Europe. Never alone. Always with and among fellow travelers...But when it came to the last trip by train before boarding the plane which would take me back to Africa, there was no one on board with me. There was not even a train driver...

This was a train shuttle underneath the Zurich Airport from terminal A to terminal E. Suddenly, from being one of thousands of passengers moving in swarms, groups or individually in terminals, I found myself being alone completely riding down an escalator to the train station and boarding the train alone...There was no one there. Not even a train driver as it goes on automatically, shuttling between two terminals...Just me, myself and I...


It felt so weird...as if I was being taken by invisible force somewhere underground...I just felt strangely biased...from one side I felt as if I am going in wrong direction, meaning nothing, being led somewhere away from other people...on the other hand I felt as if I was chosen to go somewhere others won't go...

But the prevailing thought was: this is a picture of my life...being led somewhere only God knows and wants me to go there, not by my own merit, but propelled by an invisible force and encompassed in this carriage like in a cocoon of safety of God's arms...like going to meet my fate, my purpose of life, my loneliness amidst multitude...


This experience, however short, shook me deeply, as I understood it as a sign from God. I won't share with you more of this as those things cannot be described in words... Just one word - I emerged from that basement strengthened and in peace, having discover anew that I am totally in God's hands, empty as this train, led by Him somewhere He only knows, but I should not worry...He knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment