Monday, August 2, 2010

Inception

It's a beautiful sunny summer day here in Kraków, temps are in the range I am used to over there in Tanzania, so feeling happy and 'at home'. After a morning Mass with Little Servant Sisters (my neighbors), I went to the hospital to see my leading doctor. I had to wait a bit as she was busy in wards with patients. Anyway, it did not take long. What is most important that all results are great, perfect so to speak, only that liver is still in bad shape, so more diet and medication and taking it easy.

So, as the news were great, I felt relieved and decided to reward myself by going to Galeria Kazimierz in the vicinity for 'Inception' movie, I have heard of already so much. I was wondering if it would be any good and if I didn't make a mistake to waste time for this.

Oh, how wrong I was! What a smart, innovative and thrilling movie, with family longing and love stories weaving in! I loved it and at the end, inevitably, taking my soft nature under consideration, I shed a tear or two, moved deeply...

The cast of the movie is great and actors played beautifully. Two female actresses, in particular, brought great contradicting, so to speak, performances and graced the screen with their beauty - Marion Cotillard (Mal), I have seen so many times in her previous movies, the film's main antagonist; and Ellen Page (Ariadne) - whose performance was stunning in my opinion, in her little ways, as a woman of childish looks and a computer brain, yet with a female touch when it was necessary... Leonardo di Caprio (Cobb) played solidly, it reminded me of 'Blood Diamond' (which was the best performance of di Caprio in his entire career in my humble opinion).

The film has an African connection too. Mombasa, from where Leonardo gets his 'chemical brother' made me laugh to myself, watching scenes from Mombasa streets I know personally and hearing some swahili language spoken with infamous 'M' word (mzungu) leading the way...

I guess, I will give this movie a second chance and go to watch it again tomorrow, this time paying more attention to subtleties...




No comments:

Post a Comment