Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pigeons

While in Poznań (I have just come back from the wedding affair trip which proved to be a great success to my relief as a priest who blessed the marriage and delivered a homily; and to the glory of the newly weds and their families who did a splendid job to prepare and execute one of the best weddings I have ever attended in my life; so professional, so balanced, so nice in every aspect)...

The time I spent in Poznań did not lack funny moments though. Just the day before a wedding, a bunch of my friends and myself went for a lunch in one the restaurants in the old town. We sat in a garden in the inside courtyard of the premise. Some of tables in there were covered by umbrellas providing a nice shade and shelter. But some were not. On those I noticed a small notes with warning "Pigeons are not ours :)"



I guess these pigeons have little or none respect for patrons of this establishment, simply sitting above their heads on the windows sills or flying overhead while training targeting systems according to their life motto: 'Let's poo on people!' (check the nasty look at this individual below, just plotting all the time how to make our lives, hairstyles, dishes, tables, clothes miserable...)


I do hope owners of this restaurant by saying - Pigeons are not ours - did not mean that these pigeons are not from Poznań! As this would indicate that they presume they were brought here to bother people by inhabitants of Royal Capital City of Poland - Kraków, where pigeons rule supreme, while in Poznań market square there are just few of them...

Kraków - Main Market Square (a mighty army of tens of thousands of pigeons!)


Poznań - just a few wandering around

Check this YouTube video clip and see some aerial videos shot by Kraków's pigeons with cameras attached to them!



No comments:

Post a Comment