Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tomatoes Or Oranges?

Today is La Tomatina Day in the town of Bunyol in Spain. I heard about this festival of sheer madness and saw some videos of it. I always wanted to take part in atrocities like these that never end in fatal accidents. But considering my spectacles and the fact that my targeting system might be compromised big time by the lack of eyewear, I would turn into a moving target for others, rather that be an effective tomato propulsion device...


Still, I would rather take part in La Tomatina than in the Battaglia delle Arance (The Battle of Oranges) in the town of Ivrea in Italy. Although my heart may be closer to Ivrea as we have Ivrea Sisters in our Diocese of Musoma, running the Komuge Catechetical Center and Our Lady of Miracles Center in Gamasara, and I have been very close to them throughout past +10 years, as I consider them excellent workers in the Lord's Vineyard, I would prefer (regrettably so, as the smell of oranges is more appealing to me than that of tomatoes) to take part in the Software War (tomatoes) than the Hardware War (oranges)...



Taking under consideration the sheer amount of tomatoes grown and sold at Nyamisisye Bus Stand in Kiabakari, I seriously entertain an idea of introducing La Tomatina in Kiabakari... We may start in a more subtle manner as an inviting, welcoming ceremony for every new volunteer coming to work in Kiabakari.



No comments:

Post a Comment