Thursday, August 12, 2010

Simple Elegance

I love the parochial church of my friend, Fr. Wieslaw. Its simple elegance is stunning and I feel very much at home in this House of God. Nothing is too much in there, everything is simple, elegant, balanced and 'user friendly'. I enjoy every moment spent on prayer in this holy place or just sitting in there or admiring its well-appointed interior and a pleasant architecture.
Sharing with you my pleasure of being here and experiencing its simple elegance and beauty, I asked Fr. Wieslaw for permission to use his pictures supporting my positive feeling about this beautiful church. I hope you share the same esthetic sensation.


I love the sunflowers surrounding the tabernacle. Sun of Justice, Jesus Christ our Lord, surrounded by the flowers of the sun! Very subtle and nice touch. Of course, the floral decors are changed all the time, but nonetheless, the idea of placing sunflowers at the heart of the church around the tabernacle - simply appeals to me...

In Tanzania we have a beautiful proverb: 'Ukitaka kusali vizuri, sali pazuri' (If you want to pray beautifully, pray in a beautiful place). I do not wonder anymore now, why the people of Ulmerfeld are so kind, nice, elegant in their simple ways of talking, behaving and acting as human beings and Christians. They have become shaped in this way by the sacred simple and elegant place they pray in and care for so much from generation to generation. God bless them in this attitude and keep them always safe, simple and elegant as they are now!

No comments:

Post a Comment