Monday, August 16, 2010

Sudden Blow

Today's Liturgy of the Word is all about painful loss. "The word of the LORD came to me: Son of man, by a sudden blow I am taking away from you the delight of your eyes." (Ez 24:15). These words from the first reading hit me hard...By a sudden blow... How many times in my life it has happened...by a sudden blow...The Word of God came to me this morning in all its naked truth and reality as I went to the Rakowice cemetery to lay flowers, light candles and pray for my Mum, my Grandma, my Grandpa and all my beloved relatives and friends I lost in my life...By a sudden blow...

 
But not only death dealt sometimes a sudden blow and took away from me the delights of my eyes...I guess each one of us in this moment would share painful stories how much this sudden blow was and still is present in our lives...I don't want to go deeper and open painful wounds of those moments in my past life when I was dealt a sudden blow, when the delights of my hopes, my mind, my eyes were being taken from me suddenly...God knows everything... people may know bits and pieces of some o those painful  moments when I lost delights of my eyes...


My morning visit to the grave of my Mum and Grandparents only enhanced the bitter memories of sudden blows in my life. Thank God I have faith, no matter how small and feeble it is...still...it helped and still helps me to get over pain, gather myself and move on...but wounds never heal fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment