Thursday, August 19, 2010

Inversion

For the very first time in my missionary life in Tanzania, I had this weird sensation of arriving from Africa to Europe in reverse...Actually, I was flying from Europe to Africa yesterday, but it felt, temperature-wise, the opposite! I flew from a hotter continent to a cooler one... It's colder in Dar es Salaam than it was in Kraków, just a couple of days ago! Strange feeling, weird sensation... From a humid hell in Kraków's melting pot to a gentle pleasant breezy Dar es Salaam with moderate temperatures, liveable...


It was quite nice experience to wander around Dar es Salaam today, going from one office to another, driving through Dar's impossible traffic or meeting people here and there, without actually sweating! I couldn't say the same about last Sunday, when I preached the whole Sunday in Skawina-Ogrody parochial church, on the outskirts of Kraków, which felt like spending the whole day in Turkish sauna...

What a surprising inversion, more horizontal one, more intercontinental one, but still - a surprising inversion...

No comments:

Post a Comment