Monday, August 2, 2010

Anfield To Become A Rice Field?

Just read a story on Chinese businessman Kenny Huang who is set for hostile takeover of my beloved football club, non other than Mighty Reds, Liverpool FC (a full story here). As controversial as it may sound for hardcore football fans not used to Far East investments in English soccer world, but I guess I share a view of one of Kopities (staunch Liverpool supporters, usually sitting at the Kop end of Anfield Road stadium, who wrote just minutes ago on Liverpool's official forum: 'I haven't prayed in f...ing years but I will do so for a couple of hours today. I don't want anything more than new owners for our club.' It just reflects a majority of our feelings on how our beloved club has been run in the past few years since Americans took over Anfield Road club and failed to deliver on many promises, including a construction of modern stadium at Stanley Park...

Myself, I am sick and tired of this treatment of our club in hands of the club's owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett. We need new owners, new vision and solid delivery on promises as well as building a strongest possible team, with wisdom and long-term approach. Time for Barclay's Premiership Cup which has eluded us for more than 20 tears now. Unacceptable! Come on, Reds!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment