Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My City

It feels so good to be back home. Back in my home town, Kraków. Back to neighborhood I grew up and lived in. Back to the city ambiance, streets, history, art, culture. Back to my friends...
These past five days I've been undergoing medical checkup created a convenient opportunity to meet family and friends I was missing so much. It feels so good to reconnect, to share and rekindle love and sense of belonging to each other. I am so happy with it. And I am looking forward to more of this, as I get ready to travel to Warsaw tomorrow and then to Poznań, to meet friends and to bless a marriage of my close friends over there. I really am looking forward to this experience!

Yesterday I took a few pictures on my iPhone. Some from the balcony of my apartment, some in the streets and around an in our parochial chuch of St. Kazimierz at Grzegórzki area of Kraków downtown. Though not that good when taken in twilight or in dark, but still they have emotional value to me as I wandered around our parochial church at night admiring new park lighting, resembling Old City Planty green belt and taking a moment to get into the church alone praying while taking some pictures of my favorite spots in there...

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got a good medical report except for the damage to liver . I am not sure you know what it means to take it easy -doesn't seem to fit your lifestyle very much. I can imagine the joy of being back in that most beautiful city of Krakow and how you relish time at home with family and friends as Kiabarkari is so very far away. Enjoy the trip to Poznan and the wedding - you needed this holiday so much and it came at the right time for you.Don't think I will be going to see Inception but I enjoyed the video clip. You are a man of multiple interests - the universe is hardly big enough to contain all your diverse interests -what a big canvas you paint on -so healty and wholesome. Hope weather keeps good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will enjoy the trip to Poznan and the wedding. Just got a special gift for the happy couple. Will write about it later, as they may read this words. But am very happy that this came at last moment as I leave tomorrow morning, first to Warsaw, then on Thursday to Poznan. Krakow is the best city in the world and temps are great - over 30 Centigrades today, so feeling at home!

    ReplyDelete