Monday, August 23, 2010

Ambivalence

This is exactly how I feel getting ready for my return flight to Musoma early afternoon today and then a short drive (some 40 km by car from Musoma) to Kiabakari. Ambivalence is a right word to describe my state of mind as I brace what awaits me there back 'home' in Kia (as we got used to say in short)...

There are only 23 days till I leave Kiabakari again for my three months journey to Canada and United States via Poland both ways as the situation in Kiabakari forces me to expand my search for listening ears and understanding hearts, answering to numerous invitations from North America that have been extended to me throughout these past years, and I failed to comply, being busy in Kiabakari. This time though I have to go, otherwise I may miss opportunity to meet kind people, see places, spread the news on Kiabakari and Divine Mercy in Tanzania, talk about Divine Mercy vision in Kiabakari and its gradual realization, popularize our Foundation 'Kiabakari', educational adoption and other projects that ran aground for some time now. And most of all, the dire situation with lack of proper housing for my sisters compels me to excel in salvaging this problem by trying to convince good people, communities and organizations to give me a helping hand...

Before I set off again though, there is this short period of 23 days, filled to the brim with action.

First, Bishop of Musoma, Rt. Rev. Michael Msinganzila will come on September 4 to celebrate Holy Mass with the Sacrament of Confirmation for approx. 300 candidates who we have been preparing for long time now. This event is a usual logistic nightmare - examination of candidates, liturgical preparation, confessions the day before, collecting contributions for event expenses, cleaning, decorating (church, open altar for festivities, hall for lunch), preparation of gifts, food, training of ushers and other people with responsibilities etc... Not an easy task, I tell you. I've been through this many times but always feel tension and look forward to it with apprehension.

Second, starting from tomorrow, I will have to make sure that both projects I have been granted financial aid are done as quickly and expertly as possible, so I can travel with peace of mind. School project (plastering of walls and floors in two classrooms of John Paul II Center for Education and Formation to get them ready for standard one pupils who will start their education in Blessed Edmund Bojanowski Primary School in January 2011 - these pupils will be mainly children from our reception class in Blessed Maria Teresa Ledóchowska Pre-School) financed by 'Ad Gentes' department of Polish Episcopal Conference; and main water tank construction, financed partially by German Embassy in Dar es Salaam.

Time is not on my side in both major agendas, so I have to brace myself for a rollercoaster ride. I think I am ready and these few days in Dar plus fond memories of people and events in Poland make for a huge boost in my morale and high spirits...

There are setbacks though to make for this ambivalence state of mind... Feeling of huge responsibility weighing on my shoulders, short time allocated for these projects, expectations of parishioners and donors, usual problems in parochial life, external troubles that may hinder our development - power blackouts, erratic supply of water, dubious moral standards of construction workers, adding to the frustrations of my sisters and lack of their proper housing, making for some tension and bad moods...all this certainly won't help in focusing entirely on work... 

But, I take life as it is thrown at me. So, off I go to Kiabakari, ready for the challenge of the coming weeks. Counting big time on your kind prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment