Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Cage

Last late afternoon, wandering around the old house of the late Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere, the first president of the United Republic of Tanzania, I got sunshine in my stomach...


What I saw there brought instant memories of my favorite progressive rock band Genesis world tour in 2007, and their recorded live on DVD concert 'When In Rome'...


These fancy window bars fabricated out of sticks in a service area of Mwalimu's house looked to me like a cage... Living in the cage... And one of the most famous Genesis songs - 'In the Cage' springing up in my mind...



Sometimes I feel as if I live in the cage too... With invisible bars surrounding me... or maybe it is me who put these bars around me... Sometimes a call from God to do His will turns to be a curse... especially when my own self wants to pursue other goals in life, other projects, or try to do something else... then I hit these invisible bars, my will clashes with the Will of God and I can't go through them as I know it will not be good for those I serve and myself too... The One who put these bars around me, I hope, will show me the way through them, once I am done with Kiabakari and the project of Divine Mercy which - I believe still - God has gave me to accomplish here...



No comments:

Post a Comment