Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mum!

It is today, on the Solemnity of the Annunciation of Our Lady, that my Mum was born, just one year before the outbreak of the Second World War, in Włodzimierz Wołyński, the then Polish eastern lovely town, now in Ukraine. It was written in her national ID card that she was born in USSR. Imagine that? It was legitimate Polish territory back then! She was given a name of the Patroness of the day - Maria. And the second baptismal name - Halina. Today is the third birthday which we celebrate without her. She passed away after long fight with numerous illnesses on January 3, 2009. The more time passes by the more I miss her. I won't go into details. She knows what I mean. But anyway, I am sure she is happy in God's embrace and reaping rewards for her life of lifelong suffering and fight for health. Rest in peace, Mum! Love you much...

No comments:

Post a Comment