Wednesday, March 23, 2011

See. Judge. Act

This is a modus operandi of TYCS (Tanzania Young Catholic Students) organization, if I am not mistaken. The procedure known to many and applied by many, as this is an obvious sequence of steps undertaken by a prudent person...


When the time came to work on my Foundation Kiabakari website (www.kiabakari.org), there was an apparent of clash of views and interests between us, who were involved in the project. I decided to give in to the demands of my counterpart, not wanting to escalate our constructive quarrel.

And yet, the idea I had at the time still stands valid to me after those few years. I wanted to base the main banner pictures changing in the front page to follow that principle - see-judge-act, though modified a bit. As a pictorial representation of this idea, I intended to use the following three pictures (which I strangely liked very much and found very appealing to me personally) as the opening photos in the slideshow in that main banner. The captions below pictures are original thoughts I wanted to put on the banner in our website.

We are passionate and vigilant 
about broad spectrum of our fields of action....

...yet sensitive about and focused on every minute detail...

Determined to act quickly and professionally - to make a difference....

Then a fourth picture would follow showing our volunteers and the caption as follows: "Deeply moved and transformed by the experience. Foundation 'Kiabakari'. A tool of action for compassionate hearts...."

I must admit I still like this catch phrases, though maybe the usage of vulture pictures may bring bad connotations for those visiting our website. Anyway, I did not look at this, being focused rather on the ideas and metaphorical meaning of the message...

This is what Foundation Kiabakari is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment