Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mistake

Yes, I have to admit, I made a mistake in preparing the inscription on the entrance wall at the main gate of the new sisters' convent in Kiabakari. I feel bad about it, to be honest. Just one word in wrong place, but to repair the mistake we have to take off the whole plastered piece on which we put the complete text as any attempts to change the sequence of words will destroy the balance and centrality of the inscription... aaaahhh!


Instead of engraving the correct title of the Sisters' Congregation as it is accepted in English: Little Servants of Mary Immaculate Sisters, I told the artist to put wrongly (of which I was not aware of as I only knew the full name of the congregation in Polish and Swahili only and thought that I knew also the correct title in English too, so I did not ask sisters for the correct name before I commenced the work, which caused the mistake obviously, my bad!) - Little Servant Sisters of Mary Immaculate.

 The main gate as seen from the inside

The plastered piece on which we engraved inscriptions yesterday

So I had to go a few moments ago to tell my mason to remove the whole plastered piece on which the artist engraved already all words (the logo of the congregation has not been yet engraved, luckily). The mason will put new plaster on Wednesday and the artist will engrave the correct words again on the wet plaster, then next week, when the plaque dries out completely, he will come back to fill the engraved letters and logo with paint and then the whole plaque in white.

My bad. Stupid mistake which cause unnecessary work for all of us. I'm sorry! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment