Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kαιρός

At the threshold of a new month. Staring at the known and unknown that is about to be thrown at me in March 2011. I can see lights that I can tell and identify... I see vast pools of darkness of the unknown that is to be revealed in front of my eyes and soul in due time... A very intense time this month is going to be. No doubt about it... A lot of social activities on my personal life level - with birthdays of my beloved ones (my late Mum's birthday for instance) and friends... A time to begin annual lenten campaign of fast and prayer and detachment... A time to complete preparations for the move of my sisters to their new house and regaining my freedom again... A time to open officially a main water tank in the presence of the representative of German embassy in Tanzania... A time to work intensely on my new book to get it ready by the end of April and send to my publisher in Poland... A time to work on preparations for the annual pilgrimage to Diocesan Shrine of Divine Mercy in Kiabakari on Divine Mercy Sunday (this year connected with the beatification of the Servant of God John Paul II)... A time to deal with hundreds tiny challenges day in day out... A very intense time...


My first rector in major seminary in Krakow once told us during a spiritual talk in the seminary main chapel that we were living in Kairos - in a redeemed time (looking at this Greek word in Christian way and interpretation). The time after Christ's passion and resurrection. He said if we were able to squeeze the time, the Kairos time, in our hands, the Sacred Blood of Jesus would flow... This thought made a lasting impression on me... Later on he wrote book on the mystery of Christ's Blood (see it here)



This month of March 2011 is going to be a perfect example of this idea... Time of Kairos... The redeemed time by the power of Christ's passion and resurrection relived intensely in Lent period.  But also my private kairos time... The time of my own sweat and blood as I toil ahead dealing with my life and its challenges, on spiritual, psychological, mental, social and physical levels... at the end of this month I believe if I squeezed the time of March 2011, my own sweat, stress and blood will flow...

It is going to be an intense time...

No comments:

Post a Comment